MOGADISHU (Sunatimes) The executive council of Al-Shabaab militant group in southern Somalia are 85 members of Somalis and foreigners. 42 of that figure are Somalis while the rest are Al-Qaeda operatives from different outside countries as indicated in a year long investigation made by reporters from Waagacusub Media and Radio Mogadishu.
The leader of the Al-Qaeda members fighting along side Al-Shabaab insurgent group in Somalia is Fazul Abdullah Mohamed of Comorous Islands as his deputy is Mohamed Faadil of Saudi Arabia while the head of the network's military operations was Khalid Al-Muhajir Al-Mustafa who was killed in the current ongoing fighting in Mogadishu between Al-Shabaab and the government troops backed by the African Union peacekeepers on 3 September 2010.
Foriegner Al-Qaeda fighters who escaped from thier origin countries and are still at large have a big influence in Al-Shabaab administration in Somalia and this may certainly create bigger security concern in the East Africa region.
The names, ranks and clans of the Somali executive members in Al-Shabaab are as here below:-
1. Ahmed Abdi Godane (Abu-Zubeyr), the leader of Al-Shabaab from Isaq clan of Arab sub-clan.
2. Ibrahim Haji Jama Meecaad Afkhani (Abu-Zalma), the first deputy leader of Al-Shabaab and in charge of finance, from Isaq clan of Sacad Muse sub-clan.
3. Mukhtar Robow Ali (Abu-Mansor), the second deputy leader of Al-Shabaab, from Rahanweyn clan of Leesaan sub-clan.
4. Fuad Mohamed Khalaf (Ina-Shangole), the head of public awareness of Al-Shabaab, from Darod clan of Awrtabe sub-clan.
5. Mukhtar Abu-Muslim, the head of Fatwas, from Darod clan of Ogaden sub-clan.
6. Khalif Mohamud Warsame (Khalif Cadale) the head of tracking down the NGO's, from Hawiye clan of Habar-Gidir, Ayr.
7. Madey Mamad Karatay, the head of destroying the graves, from Tuni clan.
8. Omar Mohamud Jimale (Matan), the head of security guards of Godane, from Hawiye clan of Duduble sub-clan.
9. Ali Muhumad Rage (Ali Dhere), the spokesman for Al-Shabaab, from Hawiye clan of Murursade sub-clan.
10. Abdulahi Timo Jilic, the head of technician for the weapons and salesman, from Hawiye clan of Murursade.
11. Hassan Afgooye, the especial servant for Godane, from Dir clan of Biyo-Maal.
12. Abdulahi Nadir, the interpretor for Godane, from Isaq clan of Toljecel sub-clan.
13. Hussein Ali Fidow (Hussein Daynile), the head of regions, from Hawiye clan of Murursade sub-clan.
14. Hassan Dhere, the head of the roped property, from Hawiye clan of Habar Gidir, Ayr sub-clan.
15. Hassan Afrah, the head of relationship with pirates, from Hawiye clan of Saleban sub-clan.
16. Mohamed Omar, the head of services and caring for the foreign fighters, from Darod clan of Ogaden sub-clan.
17. Bashir Qoorgaab, the commander of mortar brigade, from Hawiye clan of Habar gidir, Saleban sub-clan.
18. Ahmed Osoble, the police commander, from Hawiye clan of Hawadle sub-clan.
19. Mahad Karatey but known as (Sheik Burhan), the head of trainings, from Hawiye clan of Ayr sub-clan.
20. Ahmed Fifle, the head of finance, from Hawiye clan of Habargidir,Eyr sub-clan.
21. Hassan Turki, the father of Mujahideens and leader of Raskamboni brigades, from Darod clan of Ogaden sub-clan.
22. Mohamed Dulyaden, the contector of Raskamboni and Al-Shabaab, from Darod clan of Ogaden sub-clan.
23. Farhan Moahmed Kahiye, the head of defence, from Hawiye clan of Saleban sub-clan.
24. Abdulahi Hirane, the head of lower Shabelle region, from Dir clan of Biyo-maal sub-clan.
25. Dahir Gamaey but uses the name (Abdi Al-Haq), the judge of Al-Shabaab, from Hawiye clan of Duduble sub-clan.
26. Ali Muse, the treasure, from Hawiye clan of Habargidir, Faqashini sub-clan.
27. ali Mohamed Hussein, the head of Banadir province, from Hawiye clan of Abgal sub-clan.
28. Abdulahi Haji (Daud), the head of assasinations, from Hawiye clan of Murursade sub-clan.
29. Omar Faruk, the head of police in Banadir province, from Darod clan of Majerteen sub-clan.
30. Mohamed Balli, the head of the propogandas (the man who described Hawiye as infedals) from Darod clan of Majerten sub-clan.
31. Aden Oonbe, the head of social affairs, not known yet for his clan.
32. Farah Ali Hussein, the head of Dacwa in middle Shabelle region, from Hawiye clan of Abgal sub-clan.
33. Yusuf Kaba Kudukade, the head of Galgadud region, from Hawiye clan of Abgal sub-clan.
34. Abdiqani Kaba Jecel, the deputy mayor of lower Shabelle region, from Darod clan of Ogaden sub-clan.
35. Abdirahim Ali Mudey, the head of taxes for coil production, from Hawiye clan of Galjecel sub-clan.
36. Hassan Qodax, the head of militias in Gedo, from Darod clan of Marehan sub-clan.
37. Hussein Daqare, the head of Gedo region, from Darod clan of Marehan sub-clan.
38. Ali Roti, the man in charge of burying the children killed in the war, from Darod clan of Majerten sub-clan.
39. Abshir Ali Bukhari, the head of middle Shabelle region, from Darod clan of Ogaden sub-clan.
40. Yusuf Moalim Abdukadir, deputy leader, not known yet for his clan.
41. Mohamud Mohamed Nor (MMNOR), the deputy commander in chief for the invasions, from Isaq clan of Habarjeclo sub-clan.
42. Sahal Isku Dhuuq, the head of kidnappings of aid workers for ransom, from Dir clan of Biyomaal sub-clan.
Copy right: Waagacusub.com
By Dahir Abdulle Alasow